Needless to say our Valentine's day was nothing to celebrate in this house, with everyone under the weather. Luckily I married the world's greatest husband, who has kindly stayed home the last two days to take care of us, and that would have been present enough (as we know being sick when trying to nurse and care for a sick tot is no fun).
Before I get to the gift portion of the day I must preface my valentine's day story by saying that I have been with my husband for almost 5 years now (married for 1.5) and every year since I have met him he has sent me the exact same gift: one dozen roses.
I believe this is the exact arrangement :)
Same company, same vase, same roses, same arrangement, every year.I assume this is due to the companies offering specials for husbands, and my husband taking their bait every year. Not that I didn't love them, because I did, and he always included a heartfelt card that would make me all teary and it became quirky, one of those little things you lovingly look forward too. It wasn't until last year while cleaning out my stash of identical vases that I brought to his attention that this vase stash was from his creation of identical bouquets. Just goes to show what goes on in a mans brain, he had no idea that he had done this. So yes, part of me was expecting (and in that quirky way looking forward to) my roses and matching vase. Instead my hubby totally kicked the roses and matching vase's a$$. I was woken up to him staying home to take care of me and the babe = me getting much needed sleep. He then told me he had set up a day at my favorite spa with a couple's massage and then a sushi dinner following. We had done this once before and ever since I had told him that that was my "favorite day". Well for Valentine's day I was given my "favorite day" and cannot wait! BEST.GIFT.EVER!! Eat that roses! As for what I got the hubby I cannot share yet because it is a belated gift and let me tell you it also beats the roses. I can't wait for him to get it! I will share as soon as the present is revealed. As for my sickly little valentine he spent the whole day hanging out with daddy, we didn't do anything special, because we were all too sick. :( Hoping for a healthier valentine's next year...and little man will be older and perhaps understand the loving day a little bit more. We plan on spending tonight devouring a half priced heart shaped box of chocolates, because well...you never know which one your gonna get ;)...I am a sucker for the surprise.
Hope everyone's Valentine's day was filled with lots of love from those you love-xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment