Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Golden Year

It has happened. As of today I am now officially closer to 30 than 20 (as my husband reminded me this morning). He is 6 years older than I am, so he will always be closer to OLD than I am. The 26th marks my golden birthday as I am now 26 on the 26th of February. As getting older is not the coolest, this birthday was extra special, because it was the first birthday I got to celebrate with my little man. I had very few requests this year and as a first time mommy I am sure they are pretty standard:

  • SLEEP...to be able to sleep in as late as I wanted ALL weekend was at the top of my list.
  • To stay home ALL weekend. OK...I admit it I am a hermit. I love being home and spending a whole weekend in with my litttle family without any sort of plan sounded mighty fine to me.
  • To eat anything I wanted. Birthday's are for splurging right? Calories don't count on holidays? These are the things I told myself anyways. As me and the hubby are about to start a 28 day cleanse (more on that in a seperate blog) on our way to be healthier. I wanted to go out with a bang. Another Excuse...really? yes..but it was kind of a good one? ;)
  • This one is kind of selfish...but what can I say I love my hubby!! I asked that he take an extra day off to stay home with us. Extended weekends are the best!
All of my above wishes were granted and of course my hubby added in a few "extra's", because he is awesome like that. On Friday he came home with a cake for me. Not just any cake...a 10 lb cake. Overkill yes, but we are suckers for Costco cakes. They get us every time at "mousse filling". This particular cake was filled with 2 lbs of mousse. 2 lbs people! Now we are not planning to eat our way straight into a diabetic coma, so we will be sending most of the cake with Justin to work, but you can't celebrate a birthday without a cake!
Here she is in all her glory taking up a whole shelf in our fridge!

He also came home with 3 cards, and 3 gifts. One from him, one from the puppies, and one from Kellan. The gift from the puppies was a bag of reese's mini's and seriously people if you haven't tried these you have not lived. Of course I was a fan of the old reese's with the wrappers that actually make you work for your food, but these are unwrapped heaven. No longer do you have to fight with a wrapper for your food. It's also a great way to consume calories faster as you can chow them down by the handful,without the wrappers as evidence. TROUBLE.

The card and gift from Kellan was a very pleasant surprise. It is a notebook binder thingy (technical huh?). I really, really, REALLY wanted one of these. I am blogging about my use for this gadget and all of it's awesomeness next (I will link it in). This thing is life changing, and an organizational must!

Lastly, my hubby's card. Of course he wrote the sweetest note to me, but I won't make you sit through all of that. As a gift he had given me a coupon (what can I say we are cheapo's) and a card to get some home decor items. Shopping....yes please!

The love fest didn't end there, so hold on to your gag reflexes ;).

I awoke on Saturday (after sleeping in unreasonably late) to this:

Breakfast in bed! He even rolled up our fancy silverware in our fancy cloth napkins. We are soo fancy in this house ;)... Notice he kept it classy with the full bottle of syrup. My first thought was what an awesome husband. Then I realized he simultaneously cooked 3 things WHILE watching a 8 month old teething baby. Then carried this massive tray up to me in one arm with our 25 lb nugget in the other. His cool points have soared. I did have to remind him that I now know that he is capable of cooking. This may come back to bite him.

The rest of the weekend went a little like this:

eat.sleep.play and read books.cuddle with the nugget...repeat! Sometimes doing nothing is the best way to spend the weekend.

It was a wonderful weekend. I am blessed to have my amazing hubby and son to celebrate another year with!

Wishing everyone a year full of blessed birthdays!!-xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment