I am hoping you are singing this blog title right along with me (video below for your viewing pleasure), because frankly that is the coolest part of this post, the rest is petrifying...fear for my life scary...
I awoke the other morning with a random slew of text messages from my older sister begging me to join her in this INSANE run called the warrior dash. I immediately went to my "must find a way out of this" place in my head. To preface my doing this: I am NOT a runner...I am not fit AT ALL...and I probably have the athletic abilities of the morbidly obese. After running through a whole list of excuses for why I could not attend, it struck me, I had no excuse. That weekend was free. In fact my only free weekend in the month of July. As I continued to rack my brain for a way out, I decided to google this "warrior dash" to see what the fuss was all about. BAD IDEA. I immediately was kicking myself for that one. This thing is INSANE (and yes, I cannot use that word enough in this post). Not only is it a 3.4 mile course, yes I said "course", as if a 3.4 mile run wouldn't be enough to kill me...this bad boy has mud pit crawls, rock climbs, rope climbs, and of course it ends with a sweet little FIRE JUMP. If the first thing that comes to your mind is this:
MY HAIR...you are not alone. This thing is the reason I stay at least 10ft away from even a lit candle. My hair is like gasoline to a fire, and here I was contemplating jumping over mounds of fire, and by contemplating I mean still looking for a way out of.
Still the texts kept coming from my sister. I realized this woman was not backing down, and then my thought processed began to shift. My sister has managed to lose like 20+ pounds in like 2 months, yeah...not fair right? Here I sat still blaming my 5 extra pounds on the whole I "just" had a baby. Mind you, I "just" had a baby...8 months ago. Jig is up. I am most certainly at the end of that being my excuse. I guess that means I am going to have to retire the "I should be sleeping when the baby is sleeping" excuse too...I kid, I kid...the husband put that one to rest LONG ago. Anyhoo...the fact was I am 25 years old (almost 26 yikes!!) and I have the energy level of a sloth. I have a sweet baby boy who is about to start tearing around the house, and I need to be able to keep up with him. I then asked my husband what he thought about it and of course Mr. "I work out everyday" thought it looked like sooo much fun. What can I say men are drawn to fire, it's in their DNA. He then said "if you do it, I will, and I will be right beside you to help you the whole way", I have to admit this sealed the deal for me, as I immediately pictured him carrying me piggy back style through the whole course. Obviously, we have different definitions of "help". So I signed my life away. I am very aware of the fact I may have just signed up for my own demise, but this is what I need. The fire lit under my bum, both literally and figuratively.
Sadly, there is no backing out now. A TON of my family has signed up as well, it has been facebooked and now blogged. I don't know how much more official you can get ;). This.is.happening. I am sure you can feel my fear. The actual sickness I get when thinking about it. So now to train, train, train. I am not sure how one goes about training for something of this nature, but I have a feeling it involves a LOT of time in the gym. YIKES. This is a step toward the healthier me I wish to be. I have big plans for step 2, so stay tuned....and wish me luck, who am I kidding, we are WAY beyond a wish here...PRAY FOR ME :).

No comments:
Post a Comment