Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Friendly Visits and Surviving the Night

As I told you in a previous post, I was in the process of surprising my husband with his be-lated, but o-so-worth it Valentine's gift. I had worked out a master plan to have his bestest friend, Phil, that he never gets to see, come stay the weekend. Well, my plan didn't go quite as I would have liked, I ended up having to let the cat out of the bag a day early, but still my husband was thrilled to have a play date for the weekend. I had even arranged for Justin's parents to watch the little man over night for the FIRST TIME EVER, so that we could enjoy a nice night out on the town with our company.
     Sadness overload, this was literally the first time I had left my man for more than 5 hrs and both times we did that he was sleeping...safely sleeping. Now a whole 24hrs without him :(....I spend every minute of everyday with my little nugget, so we have quite the bond. I mustered up the courage to pack him up and we drove to meet the parents to eat and leave Kellan in their care. I was good to go and I hugged him and kissed him bye and ran to the car. Insert tears...I began to sob...like snot pouring out the nose sob. I cried the whole way home. My heart hurt. I even remember saying to the husband that there was no way I was going to be able to have fun tonight without him...what can I say I am as attached to that little man as he is my boobs...and let me tell you that's some MAJOR attachment.
     After some husband encouragement I got ready and we hit up the mean streets of Downtown Des Moines. 
   We ended up having a great time, it's funny how one night out alone as husband and wife vs. mom and dad refreshes your whole marriage and bond. Much needed sometimes, now if I can just gather myself to leave my babe again is the question...
   The next morning all that greeted me was a MASSIVE hangover, official proof that I am getting old. We didn't even get crazy, just some beers here and there. My body was very angry. I woke up craving to squeeze my munchkin's little face. He was so happy to see us...made our hearts melt. He had sooo much fun with grandma and grandpa and from the report we got from them he was a very well behaved little boy :).


*I will put up more "night out" pics when I figure out how to get them off the hubby's phone...yes I am that computer illiterate!


No comments:

Post a Comment