Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

High Five for Friday

I am linking up with a blog I love From My Grey Desk! Every Friday she host's a link party and people link up to share their five favorite things from the week. So without further or do...My Five Favorites this week:

credit
1. My new wedge brogues.....I have always loved the brogue look, but I just find it a very hard look to wear... enter heeled brogues, my heart flutter's. These are amazing, even more amazing the fact that I scored them on clearance for $10 bucks! You read right...$10 bucks (at Kohl's), and yes I have already tried them on with my red skinny jeans (and my mint one's for that matter) and they look fabulous!
credit

2.My mother's day cocktail....RHUBY DOOBY, my husband and I ate at a local winery a while back and I tried this fabulous wine. It is a little sweet, so I definitely won't be paring this with a steak anytime soon, but it is a great sweet treat after a long day. My awesome husband brought me home a bottle to kick off the Mother's day festivities around here (and yes, I like to turn this holiday into a weekend event...we mom's deserve it!) (Please note the Viola and Bada Bing wines are also amazing!)
credit

3. THE VOW...errrr...CHANNING TATUM...need I say more. My husband got me this movie, at first I thought it would be awkward for him watching my movie husband with me ;) but he kindly sat through the whole thing. This movie is sooo good. If you haven't seen it you must and don't worry I will kindly share my movie husband with you...you're welcome ;).


4. My freshly planted front porch flowers. I am still smiling after a neighbor walking his dog last night stopped and complimented me on my hard work and then said those magical words: "you make it look beautiful every year." awww old man...you have made my week..or month..or life. Now if I keep my dahlia's alive this year is the challenge..what is it with the dahlia's? I always kill them :(.


My hubby and I caught this momma goose leading her little gosseling 's  across the road...she had no regard for traffic so we kindly stopped and let her pass and her sweet babies followed the whole way :).....and I hope I am not wrong by assuming the last in line is the baby daddy, but I don't quite know how these things work in the Geese world.
We would be lost without our mothers :)

5.Mothers. All the mother's in the WORLD, we wouldn't be here without you! Since becoming a mom I have a new found appreciation for my mother and grandmother...well any mom in general. Seriously, my gram's had 7 kids!!!...7!! And she did not once check herself into an insane asylum ;)...and my mother had 3 under 3.. all in diapers....we all deserve a big pat on the back for making it through the day to day and loving our children unconditionally...you will never know your depth's of love for something/someone until you become a mommy :)


Happy Mother's day to ALL the mommy's out there! May you all have a blessed day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment